Just like us humans, as our pets age, they may benefit from some assistance with their mobility. From providing a healthy diet that supports appropriate weight to supplementing with products that promote cat joint health, it’s good to know that there are proactive measures to ensure your felines age gracefully well into their senior years. Joint health for felines can many times be easily managed and can offer huge improvements to their comfort and activity levels. Below we’ve put together a shortlist of herbs, vitamins, and oils you can add to your cat’s regimen to help promote cartilage development and joint health.
Cat Joint Health – Supplement Easily
For a kitty who may be slowing down, various supplements can provide support toward increased joint strength and flexibility. Maximizing hip and joint health can be a huge step in helping your cats maintain their normal movement into old age.
- Turmeric – The popular herb turmeric has been found to assist with occasional joint stiffness. You’ll find it as an ingredient in many feline-friendly supplements.
- Bone Broth – If you’ve never heard of the magical powers of bone broth, you’re missing out! It’s great for people, but it has benefits for our pets, too. Preparing it can be a bit time consuming, and you’ll want to make sure you’ve gotten any bone fragments out. Once prepared though, you can’t beat the nutritional support of magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, and glucosamine contained within.
- Gelatin – Adding gelatin to your kitty’s daily protocol can assist with the repair of connective tissues.
- Fish Oil – This list is starting to sound like a good idea for you too, isn’t it? Just like for people, healthy Omega-3 fatty acids can be very beneficial in promoting healthy joints.
- Green Lipped Mussel Extract (GLME) – Glucosamine sulphate is the hot ticket ingredient that makes GLME so beneficial to cats with occasional joint stiffness. Glucosamine helps maintain synovial fluid that lubricates joints.
- Supplements – A great way to maintain normal healthy cartilage and joint function is by supporting your cat daily. Adding a healthy, natural supplement that supports overall health is extremely easy and can nip issues in the bud. By promoting great digestion you’ll create a strong foundation to keep your pet in prime health.
While there are many other great natural remedies to support cat joint health, these are a few of the popular ones. As always, if your cat’s joint health deteriorates, consider consulting your trusted veterinarian. We hope we’ve given you some ideas on how to help your senior cat get back to acting like a kitten soon!